Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring break!

It is Spring Break here.  The kids are out of school for the week.  We have been brainstorming for ideas on things to do while they are home.  My Emmy has already asked twice, "When are we going camping?".  Chip Has been pretty busy with baseball practice, but still wants to do something fun.
So, what then?  The Mrs. will take Thursday and Friday off for a long weekend.  I think we are going to surprise the clones with a couple of day trips.  One to Columbus, Ohio to visit COSI, and one to Lexington and Berea, Kentucky for a couple historic house museums and some antiquing (our kids love it, Chip always finds an old toy or book and Emmy wants to play with everything).  When we were first married, we spent allot of time in the towns around Richmond,  Kentucky visiting friends in school at Berea college (my mother's Alma mater) or University of Kentucky.  There are several point of interest in the area around there, beautiful old houses to tour, excellent restaurants, museums, antique stores and shops.  I'm getting excited thinking about it. We may have to get a room down there and make it two days!

But the first thing is to appease the kids and go to COSI.  It is an interactive science museum that is kid oriented.  I remember going on a couple of field trips as a kid in grade school and LOVED it.  There are exhibits on electricity, energy, motion, biology, space...  My Chip will be thrilled, and Emmy loves anything that Chip loves.  I expect I will be very popular around the house after this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment