Saturday, March 28, 2009

A day with the family

I spent most of the day with the family shopping.  Emm needed an Easter dress and Chip wanted a video game (which he did not get because of rating of M for mature).  My Mrs. looked in every store in two separate malls for a dress for herself, with no luck.  I received a new white button down for my birthday earlier this month...so, with a fresh shine on my brogues, I'll be good to go for Easter.  Chip has many dress shirts that he has never worn ( he's too cool to dress preppy at school)- hey that rhymes!   So, he and Dana will have to sport some old threads.

We really had a nice day together.  We ate a late lunch/early dinner...3pm.  Since we would be in Huntington, West Virginia, we decided on Red Lobster.  It is one of our favorite national chains.  One wouldn't think there would be a 20 minute wait for a table at that time of the day, but there was.  When we went in, there was nearly 30 diners already waiting and about 50 when we left.  I was amazed at the money I seen spent today.  The malls were packed.  Traffic and parking were both bad.  Consumers were out consuming.

At this rate, the economy, at least local, should be doing well.  

After all the hours we spent trying to spend, we came home with only a doggy bag and an Easter dress.  But, that is OK with me...it was a cheap date.




No comments:

Post a Comment