Thursday, March 26, 2009

I just can't seem to get better.

I have been away from the desk for a while.  It seems that the headaches and dizziness from my injuries in the auto accident are getting worse.  Last week in therapy, I bragged that the stiffness in my neck and the headaches seem to be easing up a bit.  Man, did I ever jinx myself! 
Later that day, I started getting what I think was a tension headache.  The base of my skull was hurting so badly that even my vision and ability to reason was affected.
The next day it threw in an increased amount of vertigo...WOW.  That, ultimately made me sick to my stomach.  Family tried to get me to go to the hospital to be checked out, but it started to ease a bit and I convinced everyone I was OK.
Then it started again, same symptoms... 
This time my wife telephoned our family physician to update her on my condition.  The doc scheduled an MRI of my head and neck for tomorrow morning.
The orthopedic surgeon that is caring for my leg has given me a little good news.  My leg fracture is doing well despite continued swelling and tenderness.  I certainly am happy about that.  She did show concern about the fact that my ankle and Achilles are not showing much improvement even after 7+ weeks of healing.  She, too, has ordered an MRI.  It looks like I'll be scanned from head to toe, literally.
My wife still has stiffness in her neck and has daily headaches, also, both knees are still giving her trouble.  One is numb and the other has a sore knot that will not go away.  Neither of us can stoop or kneel.  I guess we'll continue to pray on our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment