Friday, March 27, 2009

A bad case of the blues

I'm in the kind of mood where I could almost kick puppies.  I don't care about anything. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to see anyone. 

I think I'm depressed.

The toll that this wreck has had on me is overwhelming.  My whole body hurts, the kind of hurt that medicine doesn't help, heating pads don't work, I can't even sleep ( which at least I would not be focused on how bad it hurts).  Speaking of sleep, the most I've had in 5 days is about 4 hours.  I really am fatigued.

I had three MRI's today. One was for my foot, which I have been told it was just a bad sprain, even though I could swear to you it is broken. the next was on my cervical spine.  The last was my brain.
I have had an MRI before, for sinus surgery.  It was a few years back.  I don't recall having any real issue with it.  However, today was a totally different experience.  When I was place into the machine, head first with my neck immobilized, I began to panic.  
You see, I am claustrophobic.  It took two tries before they could get me in there and even then I hit the panic button three times more.  
Now that it is over, I feel foolish about it.  But the anxiety was real while I was going through the tests.
I'll speak to my family doctor on Monday and the orthopedic will see me Tuesday morning.  I sure pray they can give me treatment to correct whatever is found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment