Monday, February 25, 2013

Lot of catching up

Well, sorry for the very long absence from 'Thoughts from EK'. I have gone through so much in the past year that it made hard work of blogging.
To start, the Vestibular therapy continued for several months in three different facilities. The last of which was the only one to make any real progress with my problems. The fella that worked with me, mostly focused on getting the mobility in my neck back. I can now turn my head till my chin touches my left shoulder without strain and to my right shoulder with pain and strain. I still cannot touch my ears to my shoulders and in fact, experience pain when I try to do so.
If I am to tilt my head as I turn...the vertigo is aggravated quickly. If I try to turn at the neck for more than a few seconds to focus on a person or object, I will aggravate the vertigo as well. Bending at the waist and placing my head below my waistline is another quick rout to dizzyville.
The marvelous thing about vertigo is as it subsides, a headache develops. The worse the spell of vertigo, the longer and more intense the headache. I have on several occasions, been bedridden for up to 3 days due to migrane headaches requiring icepacks and several drugs to cope with the pain.

<= I was looking at updating my blog and ran across this post which was written on my 39th birthday yet never posted.  I will upload it, unedited and original. =>

No comments:

Post a Comment