Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vestibular therapy sucks...

I have had a few therapy sessions to address my vertigo. The exercises they perform with me is to train my brain to get used to the dizziness. Whatever! The therapy is training my brain to worsen the headaches and dizziness. By the time I leave the vitality center, I am sick to my stomach and can hardly see. Some of the exercises are simply moving your eyes either side to side or up and down without moving your head, or focusing on a fixed object and moving your head about. Those are the less troubling ones. Another is focusing on an ink pen while holding my head steady whilst the pen is moving towards or away and side to side diagonally. This is the worst one. I immediately feel sick and have almost cried at the unsettling feeling I get during therapy. As soon as the dizziness subsides, the headache starts. sometimes lasting only a few minutes, but compounded with the number of exercises. By the end of my session, I feel rough. My whole day then is ruined because of the headaches and eyestrain along with nausea. My therapist said he will refer me back to my physician if my condition shows no improvement after this week. He also mentioned seeing a neurologist if this continues. I reminded him of the MRI on my brain, however, he thinks someone specializing in neuroscience should look at it. We'll see. My leg is much better, even with continued soreness in my knee. My foot still has a bit of pain. I have about a week and a half left with my boot. Hopefully, it will be healed by then. Oh, yeah. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sucks too. When I went for a follow up with the family doc, she said PTSD is why I feel like kicking puppies. And why I don't sleep. And why I'm a hateful jerk that flies of at the handle. God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment